Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard의 약자.
즉 다양한 칩 벤더가 Cortex 시리즈의 IP를 라이센스해가면서 가 필요하게 된다. 스펙은 ARM에 사용자 등록을 하면 받을 수 있다. CMSIS는 CMSIS-CORE, CMSIS-Driver, CMSIS-DSP, CMSIS-RTOS API, CMSIS-Pack, CMSIS-SVD, CMSIS-DAP 로 구성된다.
- CMSIS-CORE: It provides at standardized interface for Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3, Cortex-M4, SC000, and SC300. Included are also SIMD intrinsic functions for Cortex-M4 SIMD instructions.
- CMSIS-Driver: defines generic peripheral driver interfaces for middleware making it reusable across supported devices. The API is RTOS independent and connects microcontroller peripherals with middleware that implements for example communication stacks, file systems, or graphic user interfaces.
- CMSIS-DSP: DSP Library Collection with over 60 Functions for various data types: fix-point (fractional q7, q15, q31) and single precision floating-point (32-bit). The library is available for Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3, and Cortex-M4. The Cortex-M4 implementation is optimized for the SIMD instruction set.
- CMSIS-RTOS API: Common API for Real-Time operating systems. It provides a standardized programming interface that is portable to many RTOS and enables therefore software templates, middleware, libraries, and other components that can work across supported the RTOS systems.
- CMSIS-Pack: describes with a XML based package description (PDSC) file the user and device relevant parts of a file collection (called software pack) that includes source, header, and library files, documentation, Flash programming algorithms, source code templates, and example projects. Development tools and web infrastructures use the PDSC file to extract device parameters, software components, and evaluation board configurations.
- CMSIS-SVD: System View Description for Peripherals. Describes the peripherals of a device in an XML file and can be used to create peripheral awareness in debuggers or header files with peripheral register and interrupt definitions.
- CMSIS-DAP: Debug Access Port. Standardized firmware for a Debug Unit that connects to the CoreSight Debug Access Port. CMSIS-DAP is distributed as separate package and well suited for integration on evaluation boards. This component is provided as separate download.